|As a small business owner or entrepreneur, you need a website that has the best chance possible to be found when someone searches for what you have to offer. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) refers to the tools and processes necessary to get your website to the top of specific searches.|
SEO is an important element of any website.
SEO on Your Website
- Your website comes with an SEO tool to provide fields to enter the information necessary for search engines such as:
- Keywords for your website and for specific pages of your website.
- A Description of your business for your website and a short synopsis of the subject of each page on your website.
- Search engine verification codes
- Connection to Google Search Console.
- Page URLs automatically use real words so search engines know what the page is about. Your website pages are automatically named to match the title of the page such as yourwebsite.com/content/your-page-title instead of randomly assigned URLs such as yourwebsite.com/?q=64757 which means nothing to search engines.
- Page analysis to help you format your pages for readability.
- An XML Sitemap that you can register with the major search engines.
Even with the best on-site SEO, it's only the beginning. You will need to do some off-site work to help your website get found. There is so much competition online, part of your marketing budget should be focused on getting attention for your website.